Monday, February 09, 2009

Happy New Years and an update on the Farm - 12-31-2008

Happy New Year Everyone and Belated Merry Christmas!!
I have been in contact with many people in Mozambique since my arrival in America. The rains have finally arrived so the people can finally seed their fields. I am very glad to let you know that the youth, with the help of men and women from the Igreja de Paz (Church of Peace), went to Tica and seeded the field with corn a little over a week ago. Esau and Junito (two people who are helping Pastor Jacinto, Rainha and myself with the agriculture project) said that it was a success planting the seed and that the youth/children did a great job. One of the pastors that is helping with this project in Tica was there to help instruct the people on how things needed to be done properly. Esau went back to Tica a few days ago to check on the field and he said that some of the plants have already sprouted. Praise Jesus!
Thank you so much for your support during 2008. I could not have been in Mozambique without you. It's with great appreciation and a heart of gratitude that I lift you up in thanksgiving to God for your love and support.
I'm full of hope and expectation for this coming year.
With Love,
Ashlee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home