Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Update from Mozambique

April 23 - 2006

So much has been happening since I have been here and since my last email to you. I have a little space of time where I can email so I am taking advantage of it. J Tonight Lisa (a missionary from Canada) and I are going to have a special time with the children. Since we just received the ability to show DVDs we are going to show them a children’s worship DVD from Hillsongs. The children know there is a surprise, but they do not know what it is so it will be a lot of fun.

***************************************

(I was not able to send this last night because we did not have internet so I wanted let you know that we had a beautiful time with the boys. They loved the worship video. The presence of the Lord was so present during this time. At one point on the DVD a girl gives a simple salvation message of how God made us to be His very best friends and we are the reason for all of creation. She shared about the love of Jesus (all in English) and then led all the children who wanted to walk with Jesus in prayer. When she did this all of our boys said the pray after her in English – it was so precious).

I had hoped to have had all of the boy’s names and approximate ages to give to you so you could have them to pray over if you wished to, but I will hopefully be able to get these on Monday. They truly are special boys and I grow to love them more and more each day. There is one who is especially becoming my little buddy. His name is Joao (John) and he is about 12 years old. They usually don’t know their exact age and mostly don’t know their birthday, but he says he is 12. When he smiles his whole face lights up – he is beautiful.

On Thursday I got to go to the prison for an outreach with our Mozambiquen young adults. About 95% of the people in prison attend our times of ministry in their. This last Thursday 14 of them surrendered their lives to Jesus for the first time. The prisons here in Mozambique are an amazing sight and I so much want to see transformations in these men’s lives. On our way back from the prison we had people stopping us to talk to us and we were able to pray with about 3 people which I know 2 of them gave their hearts to Jesus. It is really amazing being here because there are no tourists here in Dondo so when they see me they know I am a missionary here. As I walked through the village on the way back to the base I heard more than once that “the missionaries are here”. It really makes the reality of being an ambassador of Christ come to the forefront as everywhere I walk I am truly representing Christ - as He was in this world so are we!

On Friday the two other missionaries here and I took the children to the beach for a day of fun and also to have baptisms. Eight children were baptized and it was an exciting time for all. The joy of the Lord was so evident. After the baptisms the boys taught me how to catch clams by my hands (the clams are much small than I am used to).

Friday was also Katarina’s first day to help me with my laundry. Here we like to hire the Mozambiquen women, who are usually widows, to wash our clothes as a way for them to support themselves and their families. I have hired Katarina to come each Friday in the morning. She lives here in the village. She is a widow and has three girls who live with her and one boy who is here at the center. If she comes to your mind please pray for her.

There are so many changes going on here at the center. We have two missionaries who are preparing to leave in about three weeks to go for a time of rest in the states and Brazil. Since we are so few their responsibilities will be distributed amongst the three of us that will be here so as it stands now they would like me to handle paying the salaries of the Mozambiquens we have hired to work on the base. I will also be ahead of hospitality for this base until at least June. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

In the last email I sent out I mentioned that I would be taking charge of the medical clinic here (the administration side). I hope to meet with all of the people involved with this on Monday to sort out some things. I have also found out that there is great corruption in the workings of the clinic and a lot of money is being stolen as well as resources. The rule here is if a worker is caught stealing one time they are fired. My desire is not to come in and fire anyone, but to see transformation in their lives. Please, please pray for this because this is a deep root here. There is much I could say, but I believe Holy Spirit will show you how to pray.

May the love of Jesus so overtake you that it amazes you!!! Thank you again to all who are praying and supporting God’s work here in Mozambique. May the Father see and bless you abundantly.

In His Abundant Love,
Ashlee

To send packages:
Ministerio Arco Iris
Attn: Ashlee Cladek
Caixo Postal 1237
Beira Mozambique
Africa

Tax deductible giving:
FireStarters Ministries
18923 – 217th AVE E
Orting, WA 98360
(please put a note “For Ashlee in Mozambique”)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home