Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter update - April 16

Via phone conversation with Ashlee on Easter:

There is such a need here in Dondo. We have about 30 boys here on the compound, a Bible school, a medical clinic and only six or seven missionaries.

The boys asked me if I am coming to work with them and if I am going to be here for a short time or a long time. People come and go and they are becoming "gun shy" with people coming in and out and becoming attached to them and then they are gone.

The missionary couple that head this compound have a little boy who just turned one. They had a big birthday party for him. I asked what they did for the boys who live here for their birthday. From what I understand they do not do anything special. I envision starting to buy the children birthday gifts and cakes and things that celebrate them. I was told that would be good. The children are hurting here. They need love.

They have asked me if I would take over the medical clinic and the finances of the compound. Please be holding this in special prayer as there are somethings that will need some special handling in regards to the present staff.

A lady missionary lady here who is about 70+ is teaching Portugese to the pastors. She has asked if I could help her also which will be good to help me further my ability in speaking the language.

The setting here is a little different. We have an actual shower and running water; but we have not had any water for the last couple days. So I should say we have running water when there is water. The compound is situation in the mist of the village which I very much enjoy.

The Spiritual climate is very different then Pemba, much oppression.

Again, thank you for your prayers. They more valuable then you can image.

Ashlee

(NOW A NOTE FROM ASHLEE'S MOM - ASHLEE IS CONTENDING WITH ANOTHER ILLNESS. SHE DIDN'T WANT EVERYONE TO THINK SHE IS ALWAYS SICK - BUT SHE NEEDS PRAYER AGAIN! THIS IS NOT FROM THE MALARIA BUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT. SHE IS WEAK AND HAVING SHARP STOMACH PAINS. SHE IS NOT SURE IF IT IS SOMETHING SHE ATE OR WHAT BUT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A COUPLE DAYS NOW.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home