Thursday, August 27, 2009

Joanel's Story - Aug 26, 2009

Hello.

First I want to extend my gratitude to so many of you for your prayers and emails of care about the recent death of Domingos. I'm having a hard time processing through this, but I know God is going to walk me through it. Thank you so much for your prayers for all of us here.

I’m emailing to make you aware of another situation that has been taking place here. I'm asking for prayer for a 13 year old boy named Joanel who came to us for help this past Sunday. Joanel was afraid to go home because of his father's violent temper. His father would go home each night drunk and beat him horribly. Saturday night he had a knife in his hand and threatened to kill Joanel if he came back home. One of workers went to the father’s house to see if what the young boy was saying was true. Upon his arrival at the father’s house he witnessed the violent rage of this man towards his son and heard his threats to kill him. The police were contacted and the father was taken to prison. After going through Social Services we have received Joanel with open arms. He is now living here with us on our base. He is a precious young boy who needs lots of unconditional love and a place of security.

Our hearts are to see him be completely made whole again and hopefully be able to reconnect him with family that lives in Maputo.

Thank you for your care and love for me and for the people here in Africa.

With love and a heart of gratitude,
Ashlee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home