Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chiquita is home - update September 24, 2007


Hello,
Chiquita, the widow who was blind and just had cataract surgery, came home today. I am sending a picture so you can put some names to faces. In the picture from left to right is me, Mama Maria, Mama Catarina and Chiquita. After Mama Catarina and Chiquita's arrival from the hospital they called me to come see how Chiquita was doing. It was so marvelous to see her happy. She had to show me that she could now walk by herself and was able to do things for herself. Today she did not have to have anyone hold her hand to guide her from the hospital back to Dondo, she was able to walk by herself. Mama Maria, Mama Catarina and myself were getting a great laugh from the joy that Chiquita was displaying because "Jesus saved her" as she kept saying. She said that it would be better to die than to live like she was blind. Tears of joy weld up in my eyes many times as I sat with these beautiful ladies and shared in the joy of Chiquita being able to see out of one eye...so far. :) Even her family who rejected her is amazed. We are praying for a quick and smooth recovery of her eye.

Many blessings!
As you see this picture...enjoy their beautiful faces.....and when their names come to mind please keep them/us in prayer. :)
Ashlee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home