Sunday, October 22, 2006

Goncalves - Dondo, Mozambique

Today was a great day full of joy. My Mom had sent me a package which had three water guns inside. Today was the day of attack. Lisa and I filled up our ammunition which was water and when some of our boys arrived at our door we attacked. It was great!!

Some of our little boys came to sit on our veranda which they like to often do. While they sat there we walked out our door with the squirt guns behind our backs as we talked to them and on the count of three we got them….it was so much fun. The boys went running with great laughter saying “O que isso?” which means “what is this?”. As more boys showed up we got them as well. Later in the day some of our older boys came by knowing nothing….so we smoothly walked up to them and on the count of three they were had. Again, great jeers of laughter and joy as we ran after them.

We eventually ended up running all over the center getting everyone in sight. At one point we were squirting some of our students and boys while one of our guards sitting off to the side was laughing – so yes, guess what – we got him too! It was great – he just got up really quickly, laughing as he ran. We had a lot of fun! It would have been great to have a super soaker – not sure what they would have thought about that. J

God is really doing a work here as we are continually contending for His peace and reign to be in this place. This past Monday I was asked to speak during our time of prayer and intercession and the Holy Spirit gave me a message about sonship that was beautiful….it is my prayer that the revelation and freedom of our positions as sons and daughters would be made alive to each one here.

I also wanted to send another quick prayer request to ask for special prayer for another one of our boys. His name is Goncalves. I have attached his picture so you can see his face. I love Goncalves and I know he has an amazing call on his life. A few weeks he was removed from the center for disciplinary reasons. He is living with one of our pastors until his behavior changes. He thinks it is a permanent thing, but it really is only until we see a true change of heart.

I have been in communication with the pastor he is with on a regular bases to see how Goncalves is doing. The pastor says he is still having difficulties with him as Goncalves is not coming home on time and staying out later playing football. There are some other issues that need to change with Goncalves. One day before Goncalves left the center I was praying for him and the Holy Spirit showed me a picture of ropes around him which were being pulled by others around him.

As I was crying out for Goncalves the Holy Spirit gave me a scripture for him which is found in Luke 22:31-32 (this was right after the decision was made that Goncalves needed to leave the center for a time). I am holding onto this scripture and believing that his life will be a great testimony against the enemy. My prayer is that the Holy Spirit may touch at least 2 or 3 peoples hearts to prayer with me for him and Chimuaza to see victory in there lives. I love these boys and can feel the love of the Father over them so much….my heart is to do them good and see them walk in complete victory that they will be the head and not the tail. As I always tell our boys they can be the next president, the next engineer, teacher, or pastor…..they are the head and not the tail in the name of Jesus!!!

Thank you for your labor of love as you continue to hold me and these ones whom the Father loves up before the throne of God. Thank you for your gifts of love. I could not be here without it.

Much Love,
Ashlee

P.S. My classes in the Bible School are going well. I am seeing my students grow and maturing in the ways of God. I see they are hungry and want to learn – it is great. This past week I have felt the hunger level go up….each time I walk in the classroom I can feel a sense of anticipation and hunger. It is a really good thing. Since my leaving date is coming so quickly to visit the states I will have to start teaching at least 4 times per week to finish before my departure….God’s grace in this as it is a lot.

To send packages:
Ministerio Arco Iris
Attn: Ashlee Cladek
Caixo Postal 1237
Beira Mozambique
Africa

Tax deductible giving:
FireStarters Ministries
18923 – 217th AVE E
Orting, WA 98360
(please put a note “For Mozambique Mission”)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home