Monday, October 16, 2006

"Takuta"

Hello Everyone,

I want to send an email out to say "Takuta" (that is "thank you" in Sena) to everyone for praying for Lisa and myself while we were going through the situation with our visas. We could tell that prayer had truly been lifted up to a higher level. I experienced God's amazing power in a way I have not before. He completely hide us so we were able to leave the country without any problems. The very next day we were able to go to the Mozambiquen embassy in Nelspruit and had our new visas after about 3 hours. Everywhere we turned I saw the Father lavishing His beautiful love upon us. Even to the point of people I did not know helping me in ways I did not expect at all. During this time Lisa had malaria, but God amazingly touched her body and she recovered within in about 2 days when it usually takes people at least one week to one month before recovering.

While being in Nelspruit it was a wonderful time of rest and being refreshed. Everyday was so wonderful and ever day I knew I was right where the Father wanted us to be. I had great fun relaxing in beautiful, grassy yards with beautifully landscaped gardens while reading a book or going on long walks through corn fields and jumping on trampolines under the big, bright full moon. It was marvelous to be able to sleep as late as I needed to without waking up to all the noise in the village or because of the so many other reasons....Jesus is amazing.

When we came back to Dondo two nights ago we were given a great welcome home by the boys as they came running to greet us with great big smiles and huge hugs....it was beautiful. So many of our Mozambiquen friends were praying for us as well and they are excited to hear how God answered their prayers.

So it was a wonderful time and Jesus really guided our every step....and gave us an amazing testimony that we can use to brag about our wonderful, loving Father!!!

Please continue to pray for me as I only have about 4 weeks before I leave to go back to Washington to visit my family. There is so much that I need to do before leaving. I will be leaving Mozambique on November 15 to be with my family for the holidays. Please continue to pray for me that God will give me great wisdom in everything I do and also for the boys as I know this is really hard for them when we leave to visit family and friends in other places....I am praying that God comforts their hearts and protects them. Please keep the boys in prayer as their is so much going on with them - we need God's wisdom and guidance. With a few we are having some big issues with disrespect and rebellion.

Thank you again and many blessings to each one of you!!!
Ashlee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home