Sunday, October 22, 2006

Chimuaza - Mozambique

Written October 21, 2006

There is never a dull moment here in Mozambique. There is always something going on – especially with 31 boys who need lots of love. I see the Father’s heart more and more as I walk out all the joyous and difficult situations that I face with them each day.

Today I went to their rooms to visit and see something some of the older boys wanted to show me. When I walked out of their door to leave one of our younger boys came to me and trying to choke back tears, said he needed to speak with me. His name is Chimuaza.

A few months back he had a really bad abscess on his toe where he almost could not walk. Tears always flowed down his beautiful cheeks because of the pain. During this time I took him under my wing and specially cared for him. During this time he had to have a shot which was really scary to him. Like a mother I stayed close to him holding his hands and consoling him.

After some struggle he got through it and I just held him and loved him as he cried. As my family could imagine this was difficult for me, but I had to be strong. Since this situation Chimuaza has drawn much closer to me and become more open with me. I have grown to love him a lot. He is a special young boy and it is because of this that I am writing. Today when he stopped me he could hardly speak so I asked him if he wanted to go someplace to sit and talk. He said “yes”, so we went to a quiet place by my house to talk alone.

As we sat together tears flowed down his sweet face. He began to tell me how he feels a pain inside and how even when he eats he still feels this hunger. He explained how he always feels sad and doesn’t have a desire to play with the other children. Even when he has the desire he doesn’t for some reason. He will want to do things, but ends up not – only to stay in his room. He feels great sorrow, but does not know why. Some days are better than others.

After listening to him I asked him questions and encouraged him with what our heavenly Daddy says about him. I then prayed for him. I will be giving him some scriptures to read, but I am asking the Holy Spirit to give me the verses that Chimuaza needs. I told him to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to show him why he is so sad and to bring freedom and joy.

Chimuaza knows anytime he needs or wants to talk with me or he needs time alone he can come to me. I feel this is a fight, but the enemy has already lost. It is for this reason I am writing to ask for prayer for my litter friend Chimuaza. And also that God would give me great discernment and wisdom. And as these things come up (which they do often) that I will be directed clearly by Him so life will spring forth as Jesus does.

I have attached a picture of Chimuaza so that you can put a face to the name and see the one you are praying for.

Hidden in His arms,
Ashlee

To send packages:
Ministerio Arco Iris
Attn: Ashlee Cladek
Caixo Postal 1237
Beira Mozambique
Africa

Tax deductible giving:
FireStarters Ministries
18923 – 217th AVE E
Orting, WA 98360
(please put a note “For Mozambique Mission”)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home