Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sun, 14 Aug 2005

It is a really difficult time today. Along with the students from the mission school there have been many little pastors from various villages also going through Bible school and are now preparing to go back to their homes to pastor churches there. Since Saturday was graduation day they are now leaving. We have become very close with these sweet little pastors. They have paid a great cost to come. Many do not know how their families are and will have contact with them for the first time in the three months.

Some of the children realize we are leaving. One little girl comes and sits in my lap with tears in her eyes. She has become very close to me. She is only about ten years old. Tears are constantly flowing everyday these last few days. Such an immense love for these people. I could never have believed there could be such love. They are beautiful. To think I may never see them again.

We were able to buy sandals for the pastors before they leave. It was so fun sitting in the middle of a store sorting 210 pairs of sandals and buying them. The store keeper was excited about the sell and it was such a surprise to the pastors. Because someone blessed two of the students with some extra money we were able to bless the pastors. In passing out the shoes we discovered we had 240 pairs for the 240 pastors in need. God had made the difference.

Upon graduation each pastor is given a Bible, a t-shirt and some money before they leave. (We can hear their excitement as Ashlee is speaking) Some will leave in the middle of the night, some throughout the day. Each time a car shows up there are tears.

Tomorrow I will leave for the bush. When I come back they will be gone.

We had graduation with a major feast with chicken. It was wonderful. Today the Mission School students were commissioned.
Something have been taking place this last week since the meeting with Heidi. I can't explain it. Heidi asked in one of the classes for those who had written a note about further ministry with Iris to come to see her. I hadn't written a note but held back because I wanted to ask her a question. I wanted to asked her what it would take to come for a long term. As I was waiting the student in front of me asked the same question. Heidi looked up at me and asked me, "what about you?" She told me I could come to Pemba and stay right there at that base until I found out what God wanted me to do. She wants two to three girls to stay in one house to work with the children. There were three of us standing there asking the same question and having the same heart. I have an open door to come back. I am praying God's will be done.

I love it here. It is totally real. For now it is time for me to return home and finish my school. I am praying about coming back in January when school is complete. It is interesting some of the others are feeling the same about January.

Since being here I have had this acute sinus infection. It is finally getting better. I have been sick three or four times. It has not been fun.

This next year Iris' plans are to have houses for the children. They are praying for God to send them house parents to embrace the children and raise them up. I was talking with one about my parents. He was saying they must come, they must come.

There has been many interruptions in preparing to leave for the bush. The graduation, the excitement of the pastors receiving their small packages, the cars coming and taking them home to their villages, the emotions of some of the students going back to their homes around the world. The knowledge that when we return many will be gone and I will be leaving the next day.

Forty of us are going in three trucks deep into the bush. We will split off into two groups and go into different villages and various places. We don't really know what to expect. I ask for your prayers.

Ashlee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home