Saturday, July 02, 2005

Sat, 2 Jul 2005

I am sick today so am sending this through my mom. She is typing the message to all of you while I am resting on my bed talking with her via the computer speakers.

Blessings to all of you from Mozambique.:
*************************************

Different ones of those living in Africa had family members die this last week. They didn't seem to be bothered much by it. They asked if this did not happen in US much. To them it is common place.

Last night the drums were going in the village again. It sounded like an animal was being killed. Kinda strange. When I first arrived we used to hear the drums more often.

We have water early in the morning or later in the evening - sometimes. If the well goes dry we don't have water. We have to hand pump the water and can only use it for bathing. We do have electricity - sometimes. A couple hours a day maybe. We have a refrigerator in our room but we have to use the food quickly because of the little electricity.

One thing God is teaching me is a missionary is what we do and who we are. Incarnal missions is being with the people and going with the people. Gleaming with them being fully a part of their lives. Learning the language and their cultural. Then you can tell them the good news.

One guy accepted Jesus in the morning and that night he wanted to be baptisted. When he was baptist he saw fire coming from the person's hands. He asked if that was not painful?? He started pastor's school right away.

I went to the 5 star hotel the other day with one of the other people here. I wanted to see what my reaction would be. It seems so unreal! I went into the bathrooms and they had an automatic fan. I stood there and looked and then started to cry. It was almost like a little child seeing a new thing. I don't know how I am going to handle it when I get home.

The fact I can take medicine when I am home but here there is nothing. Here they can pray or go to the witch doctor. For us it is to pray of course. It is so different.

It is such a blessing to know everyone is praying. We all really need it. Please keep praying.

For now I must go and rest.

Thank you for your prayers,

Ashlee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home